Thursday, July 13, 2006

Room sound



















Last night I went a club called Raumklang (= room sound). The event was a record release party held by Ungleich Records--I had been invited by some of the musicians I ran into last weekend.

With the intention of having a reasonably early evening, I got there around 12:15--too early once again, of course (sooner or later I'm gonna learn). I ended up getting home at 3:30.

The event was very industry-oriented. There weren't a huge number of people there, but the majority were clearly in the biz. At one point Pacou, Sender Berlin, Alexander Kowalski, and the directors of Tresor were all standing around near each other. I talked to Pacou for a long time, as well as to the musician playing the live set that night (Carl Past). Both were really helpful in terms of talking about how they approach their performances. The evening as a whole was a very interesting window into the Berlin music scene.

2 Comments:

Blogger Overboard said...

Is that you on the keyboard?

9:50 PM  
Blogger Mark in Berlin said...

hehe... no. but i've got some good mozart pics from this weekend that i'm gonna post soon!

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home