Getting the balance right
Last night my friends invited me over for a lovely dinner that they had whipped up with vegetables from the market (why can’t I do this?). Then we went a lounge in Schöneberg (one of the 3 gay neighborhoods) called Heile Welt. It was very pleasant and relaxed; some people who were sitting nearby started talking to us and were very friendly. Germany had just won 3rd place in the World Cup, and everyone in the city -- gays included -- was waving German flags, painting them on their faces, driving around honking their horns, etc.
I was planning to go to the club Watergate next, to hear Magda, Richie Hawtin, and other Minus artists. This evening I was determined not to be standing around forever waiting for things to get started. So I left the bar in time to get to the club around 2. Unfortunately I had not taken into account how crazy-popular these DJs are—when I got to Watergate, there was a line of about 400 people outside! I stood in it for about 10 minutes, and it was barely moving. So ultimately I decided to cut my losses and call it a night. I’ve seen both these DJS before, and been in this club; I just haven’t done both at the same time.
The weather is very nice today, not so hot as a few days ago.
I was planning to go to the club Watergate next, to hear Magda, Richie Hawtin, and other Minus artists. This evening I was determined not to be standing around forever waiting for things to get started. So I left the bar in time to get to the club around 2. Unfortunately I had not taken into account how crazy-popular these DJs are—when I got to Watergate, there was a line of about 400 people outside! I stood in it for about 10 minutes, and it was barely moving. So ultimately I decided to cut my losses and call it a night. I’ve seen both these DJS before, and been in this club; I just haven’t done both at the same time.
The weather is very nice today, not so hot as a few days ago.


4 Comments:
Keep the blog going! It's making me look forward to my trip in August.
You can totally go to the market and cook stuff. Just experiment! While I was in SF last week, we did just that - I concocted a fresh salsa out of heirloom tomatoes (the weirdest looking, most delicious tomatoes I ever tasted), onion, pepper, cilantro & salt.
-C
Mozart's got the blogging bug! Welcome to the club.
xxxxxxxx
Re: cooking, i did make noodles with mushrooms & some frou-frou French cheese (Tomme de Savoie) the other night. it turned out pretty well, for mark-cooking at least. the produce here is terrific!
btw I just thought to look for comments ... i am still kinda clueless about blogging. but send more--they're nice! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home